Financial Planning Advice
Expats in the UAE will find that there is no pension plan, no government funding for children's education, no death compensation and no public healthcare. This can be dangerous without an appropriate financial plan which accounts for all the risks that a household faces.
Some things you should think about and identify are:
1. Who are the bread earners in your household? Who are the dependents?
2. What happens (financially and legally) if someone in the family dies, is disabled or critically ill?
3. When are you planning to retire? How much money will you need? Is there a way that you and/or your dependents can cope with your death, disablement or critical illness after you retire?
4. Do you have a way to deal with the costs that are related to the loss of income if you become critically ill or dismembered (lose a limb) and are not able to work?
5. How much money will you need for your children’s higher education? What about their other major requirements in the future like their wedding?
6. Are you a partner in a company? Are you a senior employee or some sort of portfolio manager? What happens to your company or employer in the event of your death or disablement?
7. Where are all your earnings going? Do you know how much you are spending? Are you making satisfactory levels of income from your savings?
8. Will your financial plan stand if you have to leave the country and live somewhere else?
We would advise that you methodically work through all these questions and create a solid plan for the several risks that you and your household stands to face. At AFIA, we understand that these things can be very overwhelming and complicated. This is why we offer you an opportunity to meet with one of our expert consultants who will assess your needs and give you some recommendations, free of charge. It’s always nice when you have someone to walk you through such a process. Get in touch with us below and we will give you a call to organise a half an hour slot with one of our experts.
Call Alfred for best auto insurance quotes in the UAE
Meet Alfred at InsuranceMarket and let him design the right auto insurance policy for you
Worldwide medical insurance
If you're a frequent traveller, it might well be worth asking about one of our great worldwide health plans
Alfred's top tips for living a healthy life
Travel. Work. Travel. Sleep. Repeat. It's very easy for a healthy lifestyle to take a backseat. Doing anyone one of Alfred's tips will help.