If our service is really FREE, how do we pay our rent?
Let's be honest about two things - our service is really free to you as the customer and that we're not a not-for-profit entity. We earn our salaries from the insurance companies who get their target market business in bulk form us.
Essentially, we're like the supermarket that sells your favourite brand of ice-cream. You can't go to the manufacturer to expect to get a lower price (unless you're buying in bulk, which case we can give you a more attractive discount, see how do I successfully get a further discount on my car insurance) and the supermarket charges you the same per unit cost as buying from anywhere else. The supermarket makes its money from buying in bulk from the manufacturer and adding a small mark-up (or a large one, as the case may be for ice-cream).
This is why our service is really free as far as you are concerned. We don't add a mark-up to the direct insurance premium from the insurance company - otherwise we wouldn't be in business. We simply give them the business that fits into their target market and they give us a fee for that.
Also, since some administration cost is involved in transacting your policy if you're buying from them directly, it's usually more expensive! Our economies of scale (and the fact that we work with several insurance companies) allow us to allocate administrative resources more efficiently hence you are more likely to get a better deal from us than from going directly to an insurance company or to a bank or to a car dealership.
If you really need something to be done very urgently, please feel free to contact any one of your dedicated personal shoppers directly and they will process your requirements on priority:
Your dedicated personal shoppers
We're an insurance comparison website that brings you the best deals, but with dedicated personal shoppers to help you choose the right product.
Do you have any feedback or questions regarding any of the information above? We'd love to hear from you.
If you've enjoyed this article, you would also like:
- Alfred Explains The Principles of Insurance - Principle One: Utmost Good Faith!
- Alfred & The Principles of Insurance - Principle Two: Insurable Interest!
- Alfred Explains The Principles of Insurance - Principle Three: Indemnity
- Introduction to liability insurance in the UAE
- Car registration process in Dubai and other parts of UAE
- Motor Insurance for Young and/or Newly Licensed Drivers in the UAE
- Recreational Vehicles in Dubai
- Buying a new Car - Make sure you check out that free Insurance that they offer
- Surely in for a treat with pet insurance
- Golf and Event Insurance in Dubai