Ask anyone what they consider synonymous with life in Dubai and they’ll say luxury and a fast-pace. Combined the two and small wonder then that luxury car rental in Dubai is big business.
If you’re a tourist, it’s a popular and convenient way to explore the city and surrounding areas in some style whilst you’re in town. A chance to live the high life away from home. And if you’re a resident, renting can be a more attractive option than the longer-term commitment, costs and liability of luxury car ownership.
In this blog, we’ll answer some frequently asked questions surrounding luxury car rental in Dubai, leaving you the fun of researching your rental vehicle of choice!
What’s Available Locally
Luxury car rental in Dubai is well-established and widely-available, with numerous outlets to be found right across the emirate, but particularly concentrated in the popular areas surrounding Downtown and Jumeirah. Luxury vehicles available typically fall into 3 main categories:
- Mid-range luxury brands such as BMW, Audi, Mercedes
- High-end luxury brands such as Bentley, Maybach, Rolls-Royce
- High-performance supercars such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti
What Are The Costs?
The cost of luxury car rental in Dubai can vary depending on the model, the duration of the rental, and the company offering the car rental service. Some companies also offer special discounts, so it is worth looking around and comparing luxury car rental options.
What Do I Need To Hire a Luxury Car In Dubai?
Luxury car rental in Dubai is a straightforward process, although of course you’ll need to meet some eligibility criteria and provide some documents. Typically:
- You must be at least 25 years old
- Possess a valid driver’s license with minimum or preferably no penalties
- Provide proof of your address, such as a recent utility bill or phone contract if you’re a resident, or hotel booking confirmation if you’re a tourist
- Provide a form of identification such as a passport, identity card
- Pay a security deposit or credit card charge before the rental period begins
What About Insurance?
Your cost of luxury car rental in Dubai will usually include the premium payable to insure it for the duration of your hire on a fully comprehensive basis. This is because the value of the car requires that it is insured for own accidental damage or theft, and not just third party insurance, which would exclude damage to the vehicle itself.
It is advisable to check the terms and conditions of the insurance being provided, paying special attention to the deductible or excess applicable. This is the amount that you will be required to pay in respect of any claim made for damage and/or loss of the vehicle, and with luxury vehicles, this could be a significant amount. Contractually, you must pay this, sometimes even if you are not at fault for the incident, so you must ensure you have the funds to cover such an amount otherwise you could have a serious problem.
Any Other Advice?
Dubai’s traffic laws are several in number and severe in penalty, so it’s worthwhile familiarising yourself with the main ones before getting behind the wheel. The main Dos and Don’ts to be aware of are:
- DO know the various road speed limits, and drive within them at all times
- DO pay any relevant tolls when driving on major highways (SALIK applies in many areas of the city and you must pay when you pass through a tollgate – read our blog for more details)
- DO always call the Police and wait for them to attend if you have a road traffic accident
- DO always notify the rental company immediately if you are involved in an incident or have caused an damage to the vehicle
- DON’T ever be tempted to consume alcohol or any other substance that can impair your driving ability: both are punishable under law and will invalidate your insurance cover
- DON’T ever attempt to hire a vehicle using falsified details or documents. Information is extensively cross-referenced and checked against various databases, and fraudulent hire of a vehicle could land you in trouble with the authorities with severe consequences
- DON’T breach the terms and conditions of the hire contract under any circumstances. Failure to comply with the agreement is an offence punishable under law, so pay particular attention to details such as return conditions (timing, condition of the vehicle, fuel requirements etc).
By researching your options carefully and understanding the points outlined above, you can feel confident in choosing the right luxury car rental for you in Dubai. Make sure that you are familiar with the terms and conditions carefully and that the documentation is properly reviewed and understood. Keep in mind the costs and commitments before proceeding to sign any rental agreement, and ensure you can always meet your obligations. Stick to these key points and you’ll enjoy hours of happy hiring! Enjoy your driving in Dubai and live the luxury live you were born to enjoy, if only for a moment!