Hello, intrepid explorers! Embark on an enthralling journey through Sharjah’s untamed beauty. At the heart of this adventure is the Arabian Wildlife Center, a gem often referred to as Sharjah Zoo. The zoo is one of the most popular destinations in Sharjah. This sanctuary isn’t just a visual feast; it’s an educational haven where the animal kingdom’s secrets unfold.
This unique zoo offers a rare glimpse into the lives of diverse creatures, many indigenous to the Arabian Peninsula. It’s a space where conservation marries education, allowing you to engage with nature authentically. Each exhibit is a storybook detailing the existence of these animals in their natural habitats.
As you wander through, you’ll gain insights into the delicate balance of ecosystems. You’re not just a spectator but a learner. Be ready to be wowed by the majesty of the animal kingdom and the intricate connections that sustain it.
Securing Your Entry
Embark on an adventure at Sharjah Safari or Zoo, the largest safari outside Africa, without straining your wallet. Experience the Walking Tour with a guide for AED 40 if you’re aged above 12, and for children between 3-12 years, it’s only AED 15. The journey lasts approximately two to three hours. For a more extensive exploration, the Regular Bus Tour with a guide is available for AED 120 for adults and AED 50 for children, spanning five to six hours. Those seeking an exclusive experience can opt for the Gold package, which offers a luxury vehicle and a private guide for AED 275 for adults and AED 120 for children, also lasting five to six hours. To book your tickets, you can contact Sharjah Safari at 06 8037666.
Ideal Times for a Visit
The zoo welcomes visitors every day from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Please note that the last entry for Gold and Silver ticket holders is at 2:00 PM, and for Bronze ticket holders at 4:00 PM, to ensure you have ample time to enjoy the safari.
Conveniently situated for both locals and tourists, it is accessible via the Al Dhaid Highway (E88) at interchange nine. It’s a brief drive from both Dubai and Sharjah airports. For further information or to make a reservation, you can reach out to Sharjah Safari at 06 8037777 or via email at email@example.com.
What Can You See?
The zoo is split into different sections, and you can see all sorts of animals, like snakes, lizards, and even nocturnal creatures like foxes and hedgehogs. There’s also a cool aviary where you can spot some beautiful birds.
Learning Is Fun Here!
The Natural History Museum is part of the zoo, and it’s like a time machine! You can learn about the earth’s history, check out a dinosaur bone, and even see what the oldest rock looks like. Plus, there’s a Botanical Museum where you can learn all about plants.
For the Little Explorers
If you bring your little brothers or sisters, they’ll love the Children’s Farm. They can meet friendly animals like goats, horses, and camels and even feed them!
A Garden of Wonders
There’s also an Islamic Botanical Garden with plants mentioned in the Holy Quran. It’s a peaceful place to walk around and learn about the importance of these plants.
Time for a Snack
After all that exploring, you might get hungry. Don’t worry. There’s a cafeteria where you can grab a bite and enjoy views of the animals.
Meet the Animals Up Close
Sharjah Zoo is different from your typical zoo. It’s a special place where you can see animals native to the Arabian Peninsula in their natural habitats. Imagine walking through the zoo and coming face-to-face with an Arabian leopard or hearing the call of an exotic bird. It’s like stepping into a whole new world!
- Reptile house: Get ready to meet some cool reptiles like snakes and lizards. Don’t worry, they’re behind glass!
- Nocturnal house: This is where the night-time action happens. See animals that are awake when we’re usually asleep, like the mysterious sand cat.
- Aviary: Look up! Birds of all colors and sizes fly above you in the indoor aviary.
- Large mammals: Keep an eye out for the big guys like the Arabian Oryx and gazelles.
Discover the Desert’s Secrets
The Arabian Wildlife Center is also a place of learning. Did you know that deserts are full of life? Here, you can discover how plants and animals survive in a hot, dry place. It’s like being a detective, uncovering the secrets of the desert!
Exhibits to Explore:
- Desert life: Find out how creatures like the fennec fox stay cool in the heat.
- Geological wonders: Check out cool rocks and learn how the earth has changed over millions of years.
- The living sea: Dive into the underwater world and see what creatures live in the waters around the Arabian Peninsula.
Pack Your Bags for Adventure
Before you head out to Sharjah Zoo, here’s a quick checklist to make sure you have the best day ever:
- Sunscreen: The sun can be strong, so protect your skin.
- Water bottle: Stay hydrated, my friends.
- Camera: You’ll want to take many pictures to remember your adventure.
- Snacks: Keep your energy up with some healthy treats.
- A hat: Keep cool under the shade of a nice cap or hat.
Did You Know?
- Sharjah Zoo is part of a big area called the Sharjah Desert Park.
- It’s not just about seeing animals; it’s about learning and having fun.
- The zoo plays a big part in protecting endangered animals.
Sharjah Zoo is a treasure trove of fun, learning, and adventure. It’s a place where every visit can teach you something new about the amazing world we live in. So, grab your tickets, mark your calendar, and prepare for an unforgettable journey into the heart of Arabian wildlife. Let’s make some wild memories at Sharjah Zoo!
And that’s a wrap on our guide to Sharjah Zoo! Whether you’re a thrill-seeker, a nature enthusiast, or just looking for a fun day out with the family, this place has something for everyone. Can’t wait to see you there, exploring and learning about the wonders of the animal kingdom!