With so many car insurance companies in Dubai, motorists are definitely spoilt for choice when it comes to which one to buy their car insurance from.
Small wonder then that many decide to change their choice of original car insurance company at renewal, or sometimes even sooner, but is this advisable? And what are the pitfalls, if any? This blog explores the pros and cons in more detail.
CHANGING YOUR CAR INSURANCE COMPANY: The Pros
So, what are the pros of changing your car insurance company regularly? Let’s break it down…….
- You have a big market to choose from. When looking for a car insurance company in Dubai, where the market is the most active, you’re spoilt for choice. If you’re someone who likes to shop around the best car insurance companies, you’re in the right place!
- More companies mean more competition. With a wide range of car insurance companies all competing for the same business, this can mean good news for you the consumer. Working to the basic principles of supply and demand, this equals price wars, discounting and added value benefits and if you change insurer you could secure loss-leading rates designed to entice you in as a new customer.
- There’s always an alternative. Had a bad experience with a car insurance company? No longer want to give them your business? No problem! Provided you’ve conducted your previous business in an honest fashion there’s an opportunity to move your business elsewhere. Even the best car insurance companies can leave customers feeling dissatisfied sometimes and as a consumer, you’ve the right to move around until you find the right insurer for you and your expectations.
CHANGING YOUR CAR INSURANCE COMPANY: The Cons
Turning to the flipside, let’s consider the cons. Are there any? After all, there are some quite persuasive pros there. You might like to contemplate these……
- It takes time to trust. Like any good relationship, it takes time to create confidence and build trust with your insurer. Maybe they made a mistake when onboarding you as a customer, or didn’t quite live up to your expectations. But were those realistic? Did you give them a chance?
- Tried and tested? A single experience isn’t indicative of an entire service offering. Have you actually had an opportunity to experience everything your car insurance company can do for you? Don’t base your entire view on one situation that may or may not have been handled how you liked.
- Price isn’t everything. Sure, money talks but it’s not the whole conversation you should be having. Think about value more than price. Yes, they are different! Value includes the tangible and intangible benefits on offer to you, not just the price you pay. Think rewards, discount vouchers, additional covers, value-added services offered by partners. The best car insurance companies are those that have a “value proposition”, meaning they offer their customers more than just a policy.
- Lack of loyalty rewards. Staying with your car insurance company and building a business relationship can be rewarding physically and financially. Think discounts, vouchers, gifts, VIP fast-track services. The best car insurance companies value their loyal customers and recognise it in the form of rewards.
Exhausting and exhaustive! Endlessly moving about can be exhausting as it takes effort. And move around too much and you can exhaust your options, meaning you run out of realistic alternatives! While there are a lot of car insurance companies in Dubai, it doesn’t mean you need to try them all! Plus, there’s provider perception to consider. Any insurer will ask for an insurance and claims history and just like a CV or employment resume, it doesn’t look good if you change insurer every year.