When you think of traveling between Dubai to Abu Dhabi, two of the main cities in the UAE, the public bus is a great option to consider. It’s not just about the convenience; it’s also a practical and efficient way to make the journey.
This friendly guide will give you everything you need about taking the public bus between these cities. It’s like having a handy roadmap for your trip! We’ll tell you about the latest timings, so you know when the buses are running. Plus, we’ll share the current ticket prices so you can budget your trip properly.
But that’s not all! We want to make sure you have the best travel experience possible. So, we will also give you some helpful hints and advice. These will help you plan your trip best, ensuring you save time and money. Whether it’s your first time traveling this route or you’ve done it many times before, we want to ensure it’s a smooth trip!
Bus Routes and Timings for Traveling between Dubai and Abu Dhabi
Dubai and Abu Dhabi are about 150 km apart. If you drive, it takes roughly 1.5 hours to get from one city to the other. But if you go by bus, it might take you close to 3 hours. Buses are slower and more comfy than cars, but they are cheaper. So, taking the bus is a good money-saving option if you’re trying to save money and aren’t in a big rush.
Two Main Dubai Stations
Are you looking for bus stations in Dubai? There are a couple of popular ones you should know about:
- Al Ghubaiba Bus Station:
- Where? It’s in Bur Dubai.
- Nearby spots? It’s close to Dubai Creek and the Deira area.
- How to get there? Just hop on the Dubai Metro Green Line!
- Ibn Battuta Bus Station:
- Where? It’s right next to Ibn Battuta Mall.
- Perfect for? This station is for you if you’re around modern Dubai places like Dubai Marina.
- How to get there? Use the Dubai Metro Red Line!
There are Three Intercity Bus Routes, All Managed by RTA (Dubai’s Public Transport Authority), Which Include:
If you intend to travel by bus between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, there are three main routes to be aware of. Understanding the different options is vital, especially if you’re new to the area. Here is a simplified version for you:
Bus Stations and Routes:
- Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station:
- Bus Number: E100
- Duration: The ride typically takes between 2.15 to 3 hours.
- Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station:
- Bus Number: E101
- Duration: This journey is slightly shorter and usually takes about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Mussafah Shabiya Bus Station in Abu Dhabi:
- Bus Number: E102
- Duration: Expect the travel time to be approximately 2 to 2.15 hours.
- Important Note: The E102 bus route has an additional perk! It also stops at the Abu Dhabi International Airport. If you’re traveling from Ibn Battuta Bus Station to the airport, it will usually take around 1.5 hours. However, a word of caution: always allow extra time if you’re catching a flight. It’s never wise to cut it close when you have a plane to see, as unexpected delays can happen.
Knowing these details lets you choose the most suitable route for your travel needs and ensures a smoother journey between these two bustling cities.
Dubai to Abu Dhabi Bus Timings
Some buses make it easy if you’re planning a trip between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. They run a lot, from early morning until late at night.
Let’s talk about three of these buses:
1. Bus E100:
- Runs from 4:30 AM to midnight from Sunday to Wednesday.
- On weekends, it goes until 1:00 AM.
- It comes around every 15 minutes.
2. Bus E101:
- It’s available from 4:45 AM to 11:15 PM from Sunday to Wednesday.
- On Thursdays, it starts at 4:15 AM and runs until 1:15 AM.
- On Fridays, it’s there from 5:15 AM to 1:45 AM.
- And on Saturdays, you can catch it between 5:45 AM and just past midnight.
- This bus comes around every 20 minutes.
3. Bus E102:
- From Sunday to Thursday, it runs from 5:30 AM to 10:30 PM.
- On Fridays, it’s from 6:30 AM to 11:30 PM.
- On Saturdays, it keeps the same time as the weekdays, 5:30 AM to 10:30 PM.
- This one comes around every hour.
What does the Bus Ticket Cost for the Journey from Dubai to Abu Dhabi?
The bus fare for a trip between Dubai and Abu Dhabi is fixed at 25 AED. That’s equivalent to about 6.80 US dollars or 5.75 euros. So, whether you take an early morning bus or a late evening one, you’ll pay the same amount.
Now, you might be wondering how you can pay for your trip. The most common way is to use the NOL Card. This is a special card that’s been made just for public transport in Dubai. It’s like a small, plastic debit card you can tap on a machine to pay for your ride. You can get one of these cards and add money at any bus station or even the Dubai Metro stations. This way, you don’t have to worry about carrying the exact change every time you travel.
But what if you’re not so keen on using a card? Well, you’re in luck! The bus station also has a ticket office where you can buy a traditional paper ticket for the same price as the NOL Card. This allows everyone to choose the payment method they’re most comfortable with.
Thanks to these easy payment options, traveling between Dubai and Abu Dhabi is now straightforward and friendly, even for those who might not be regular bus riders. So, whether you’re a resident or just visiting, the bus journey between these two cities has been a breeze!
Top Tips for a Top-Notch Trip
- Pack Snacks: Treat yourself to a delightful assortment of snacks to munch on during the journey. After all, what’s a road trip without some delicious treats?
- Charge Up: Ensure your devices are fully charged to capture every picturesque moment and stay connected throughout the ride.
- Travel Playlist: Prepare a playlist that complements the stunning views outside your window. Your favorite tunes will elevate the whole experience.
Your journey from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by bus is more than just a commute – it’s a chapter of your travel story. With a trio of routes, convenient schedules, and the thrill of exploration, this adventure promises memories that’ll last a lifetime.
So, pack your bags, grab your ticket, and get ready to create unforgettable moments on this magical road that connects two of the UAE’s most iconic cities. The bus is waiting, and so are the stories!