Are you planning a trip to the United Arab Emirates (UAE)? Great news! The Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship has a special ICA Smart Services program to make your journey easier. This program helps not just tourists but also returning residents and citizens.
So, what can ICA Smart Services do for you? First, it helps you check your visa status. Knowing your visa is approved before you can relieve so much stress! Second, you can also register for vaccines through the program. With COVID-19 still a concern, this is a great feature to ensure you’re protected.
The best part? These services are all integrated, which means everything is in one place. This makes traveling to the UAE super straightforward. So, you can put your mind at ease and focus on other fun stuff, like booking a budget or luxury hotel or planning exciting outings.
What is the ICA Smart Services?
If you’re in the UAE or planning to go, the ICA Smart Services portal is your go-to spot for all things visa and permit-related. It’s an easy-to-use platform where locals and foreigners can get lots of stuff done. And the best part? It’s online and open 24/7!
Who Can Use It?
- Citizens: If you’re a UAE citizen, you can:
- Update your passport details
- Manage your family book
- Handle your Emirates ID
- Take care of services for people you sponsor
- UAE Residents: As a resident, you can:
- Sort out your visa
- Manage your residency
- Update your Emirates ID
- GCC Citizens: If you’re from a Gulf country, you can:
- Access services for your sponsor
- Update your Emirates ID
- GCC Residents: As a Gulf resident, you can:
- Apply for entry visas to UAE
- Manage your visa after it’s issued
- Visitors: For tourists and other visitors, you can:
- Apply for entry visas
- Manage your visa once you get it
Why Should You Use It?
- It’s convenient: You can access it anytime, anywhere.
- It’s centralized: Everything you need is in one place.
- It saves time: Waiting in line or visiting multiple offices is unnecessary.
In addition, the ICP has rolled out a fresh set of enhancements to better the services it offers to the public, residents, and tourists via its digital service platform. These services encompass:
- Extend your short visit: If you have a 90-day tourist visa, you can extend it by another 30 days, one time only. You may also check our helpful guide on how to check your tourist visa validity. It will surely give you peace of mind when traveling.
- No early renewals for residence permits: If your permit is still good for more than 6 months, you can wait to renew it.
- Updates for people from GCC countries: If you’re from a Gulf country and don’t have an Emirates ID, some visa rules have been changed or removed for you.
- More flexible extensions for visitors: If friends or family visit, their tourist visas can be extended. They can add 30, 60, or 90 more days. This also applies before they even arrive.
- Print your visa online: You can now print your visa and residence details from your account.
- New number on receipts: When you pay, the receipt will now have a special “PRAN NUMBER” for easier tracking. Some older tracking methods are going away.
- Fee for using smart services: The system will now cost 100 AED, but only if certain conditions are met.
- Special permit for long absences: There’s a special residence permit if you’ll be out of the UAE for over 6 months.
- Long visits for families: Families coming for tourism or medical needs can get long-term visas. These last 60 or 180 days and can be for one or multiple trips.
Special Rules for People with Disabilities
- No fingerprints needed: People with disabilities no longer have to give fingerprints for passports.
- Easy ID process: There’s an easier way to get an Emirates ID, skipping usual steps like fingerprinting.
- No extra charges: People with disabilities don’t have to pay additional fees for these services.
- No financial guarantees: People with disabilities are not required to provide financial guarantees for certain services. Plus, they get some fees back.
- Twin residency changes: If you’re a twin, your job will be considered in some new way for residency.
- Easier access to services: Services are easier to use now, thanks to updates to individual and business accounts.
About ICA Smart Services’ Latest News
Last November 14, 2022, the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP) in the UAE made an important change: they stopped using the eDirham system for collecting service fees. This is part of a bigger shift that started in September, led by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE). The goal is to align with the Ministry of Finance’s program and move towards more modern payment methods.
So, what does this mean for you? Instead of eDirham, you can now use other payment methods widely accepted in the UAE. These include Visa, MasterCard, Google Pay, and Apple Pay. The ministry encourages everyone to switch to these alternative payment methods to make their transactions smoother and more convenient.
It’s always good to stay updated and adapt to new systems, so make sure you have one of these alternative methods ready the next time you need to pay for any ICP services.
The ICA Smart Services Check and Enquiry Services
ICA Smart Services Visa Fine Query
If you’ve overstayed your visa and need to pay a fine, don’t worry. You can use the ICA smart services to determine exactly how much you owe. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go online: Open your web browser to the ICA fine services portal.
- Select the right option: Look for the ‘file number’ module. Here, you’ll enter your visa number and the department number. This helps them find your records.
- Enter your info: Type in your date of birth. There’s also a “captcha” box to check; it’s a security feature.
- Search: After completing everything, click the ‘search’ button.
ICA Smart Services Overstay Fine Check
If you’re in the UAE and your visa has expired, it’s important to act quickly! You usually get a short grace period to sort things out. But once that’s over, you’ll have to pay a fine for every day you stay longer. The penalty is AED 50 per day. So, if you want to avoid those charges piling up, plan to renew your visa or leave the country as soon as possible. It’s always good to know the rules to prevent any headaches or extra costs later.
Here’s how to check your UAE overstay fine in simple steps that anyone can follow:
- Go to the ICP website: This is the official site where you’ll find info about immigration and fines.
- Pick ‘Public Services’: Look for this section. It will guide you to different options.
- Choose the Right Service: Click on the one that says ‘FINES – PAY FINES – VIOLATIONS OF ENTRY PERMISSIONS OR RESIDENCES – PAY NEW FINE’. It’s a mouthful, but it’s what you need!
- Fill in Your Info: You must type in some personal details. Make sure they’re correct.
- Do the Captcha and Search: Check a small box to prove you’re not a robot before hitting the’ Search’ button.
ICA Smart Services Visa Validity Check
Suppose you live in the UAE and want to check your visa status. In that case, the process varies depending on which Emirate issued your visa. Don’t worry. The steps are pretty straightforward!
1. If You Hold a Visa from Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, or Fujairah:
- Visit the ICA Smart Services website.
- Choose “Passport Information” from the menu.
- Next, pick “Visa” or “Residency”, depending on your visa type.
- Input your passport number and its expiry date.
- Select your nationality.
- Tick the captcha checkbox and hit the search button.
- Voila! If you’ve entered everything correctly, your visa details, including its expiry date, will pop up.
2. If You Hold a Dubai Visa:
- In this case, you’ll need to go to the GDRFA-Amer portal.
- Follow their specific instructions to check your visa status.
It’s important to check your visa status regularly to avoid legal issues. Stay informed and stay safe!
ICA Smart Services ID Card Status Check
You can easily check the status of your Emirates ID Card—whether it’s new, being renewed, or replaced.
Go to the ICA website and enter your Application Number, PRAN. If you’re renewing or replacing your card, use your Emirates ID number instead. Need more help? Just call ICA at 600522222. They’re there to assist you with any questions you have. It’s a simple way to stay updated!
ICA Smart Services UAE Visa Application Status
You can easily track your application’s status online. Here’s a simple guide:
- Go online: Visit the ICA Smart Services website.
- Find your spot: Look for the visa tracking section and enter your application number.
- Prove you’re human: A box will ask you to verify that you’re not a robot. Click it!
- The big reveal: Hit the ‘search’ button to get the latest update on your visa application.
And that’s it! In just four steps, you’ll know exactly where you stand. This is especially useful if you’re keen on planning. So go on, track away!
ICA Smart Services’ Details change
ICA Emirates ID/ Emirates ID Details Change & Update
Who Does This Affect?
Whether you’re a UAE citizen or an expat resident, you’re on the list.
What Needs Updating?
If there are any changes to your data—like getting married and changing your last name—you must update it on your Emirates ID.
When Should You Do It?
Don’t sit on this! You have just 30 days from the change date to inform the authorities.
Where to Update?
No paperwork, no hassle! Update your information online. Go to the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP) website or use their smart app on iOS or Android.
Why Is This Important?
Keeping your ID up-to-date is more than just a good practice. It’s a must-do. Especially if you’re going through big life changes like marriage.
How Much Does It Cost?
Updating your details will set you back AED 100 (around USD 27.23)
ICA Smart Services Mobile Number Change
Need to update the mobile number on your Emirates ID? It’s easy! Just visit the ICA update information portal and fill out a short form. But keep in mind, there’s a fee for this service. So, have your payment ready to finish the process. It’s a simple step to keep your information current.
ICA Smart Services Vaccine Registration
If you’re planning to go to public places in Abu Dhabi, there are a couple of important steps you need to follow to stay safe and follow the rules:
- Get fully vaccinated: Ensure you’ve had all doses of your COVID-19 vaccine.
- Take a PCR test: Get a PCR test, and it should come back negative. This test must be taken within 14 days before you go out in public in Abu Dhabi.
- Show proof: Use a health app to show you’re vaccinated, and your PCR test is negative. You can use the app from your home country or Abu Dhabi’s Al Hosn app.
Tip for Al Hosn app users: If you want to use the Al Hosn app, register through ICA Smart Travel Services before flying to Abu Dhabi. To add your vaccine certificate, go to the ICA Smart Services link and complete the form honestly. It’s not mandatory to register, but it helps streamline the process.
ICA Smart Services Arrival Registration
If you plan to go to the UAE, you no longer need special approval from GDRFA or ICA. This applies to both residents and tourists. You can now hop on a flight without filling out extra forms on the Federal Authority’s portal. Travel just got a bit easier! But remember, always double-check the latest guidelines before your trip.